Monday 7 November 2011

An accidental day out



Bus conductors are the bane of my life, and when today's joker failed to drop me off anywhere near the stop I'd asked for (Green Connection Aquarium, where I was hoping to have a childish day out again again again again again again), I decided I'd try to make the best of the situation by investigating whatever there was in wherever I'd ended up.

Conveniently, as if to balance out the yin-yang of this annoying day, the Kota Kinabalu Wetland Centre was inexplicably offering free entry today. So while you could have had some of out-of-focus photos of me fondling stingrays, here are some out-of-focus photos of birds and crustaceans instead.


Kota Kinabalu Wetland Centre,
Sabah



'Aquarium'/'wet-land' - it's a mistake any absolute moron could have made






Product placement.
I told you I'd never sell out this blog, but I lied. Drink Coke! And throw it here!



The lesser spotted birdwatchers



I think that's a heron or something...? I can't see this catching on as a mid-life crisis hobby.
Not when there's astronomy and BDSM



I don't have the patience for bird watching. At least with Where's Wally you're guaranteed a satisfying conclusion after all the time-wasting frustration



'Common' my 屁眼, I saw sod-all



Night heron wonders why someone named it 'night heron' when it's clearly midday



Ants have a scrap



Impressive spider's web



If only I'd seen this at the mangrove swamp in Krabi, that would have been perfect.
When I needed a crab were you there were you there? When I needed a crab were you there?
No, you were in Borneo you dick