Friday 29 July 2011

A childish day out again again again again again



Sentosa didn't quench my thirst for immature days out in Singapore - luckily Singapore Zoo was on hand for all my incarcerated wildlife needs.

Because it's Singapore, I correctly anticipated something more in the conservationist style of Taipei Zoo than the slightly harrowing leg-irons and irresponsible feeding of Bangkok's Dusit Zoo. The animals are still here to be ogled and laughed at (especially the ridiculous proboscis monkeys), but not touched.


Singapore Zoo
(新加坡动物园)



I'm twenty-five years old and I love the zoo, get over it



Someone forgot to colour this guy in



These too. Laziest zoo ever



But at least they have the totally ethical sponsorship of serial chicken murderers behind them



As long as I'm making fun of stupid signs, here's this one.
Beware unexpected right angle triangles?



Hero in a half-shell. Chelonians are clearly the second-best stuff



Yeah, don't be interesting or anything, Rocksteady



Um... Bebop?



There was no giraffe character in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So you can sod off



Pygmy hippo proves that small isn't always cute



See you guys in a couple of months (unless I erratically change my flight schedule again)



Excuse me sir, would you mind if I murdered you and took a look at your freaky skull?



So accommodating!
Obviously I poached the ivory first - I'm not an idiot



Three arms, two legs and wheels - what the hell kind of creature is this?



This photo is only here so I can make the 'I like a cockatoo' joke.
Birds are clearly the most boring stuff


Primates
(clearly the best stuff)



Pucker up!



Nice try, celebes crested macaque. But no cig-arse!



Brown capuchin is never going to finish that jigsaw



Orangutan pretends he's post



Baby baboon's Barry Chuckle impression



Nicholas Lyndhurst



Ha ha, look at his stupid nose!
This is coming from me