Friday 3 June 2011

Who's Taman? I'm Taman!



Against the odds, I survived the ordeals of Malaysia's Taman Negara national park. Mostly by limiting my adventurous trekking activities to tourist tours in safe groups, rather than heading off on my own. Not exactly Tarzan, am I? I'm not even bloody Mowgli.


Taman Negara



Tembeling River, but pretend it's the Amazon if that makes it more exciting.
I actually swam in this. Why won't you let me die?



Canopy walkway.

Genuinely described by Wikitravel as 'the longest Malaysian suspension bridge in the world.'
Which isn't as impressive as it sounds when you think about it for a second



At least it would be the longest, if a fallen tree hadn't screwed things up a little
(it's still better than the rubbish one in Penang though)



Safari Suit Dave is the best selling model in my action figure line, so Mattel is keen that I wear the outfit whenever possible. Plus, it amuses me to pretend I'm really trying



View from Bukit Terisek (344m)



Do Warburtons shit in the woods?

I just wanted a photo of the cool, twisty root thing.
I didn't realise how much it would look like I was taking a dump


Bug fun



Termite highways



Sweat bees spew forth from phallic spout



Crickets still leave a bad taste in my mouth



This hunting spider doesn't seem to mind though